Collaborate PASadena is looking for a new Director
COLLABORATE PASADENA OVERVIEW: Collaborate PASadena is an innovative, responsive and approach by the City of Pasadena, Pasadena Unified School District, community organizations and residents working for the well-being children of Pasadena, Altadena and Sierra Madre to all grow up in a safe, stable and supportive environment that prepares them for success in school and in life. Collaborate PASadena is a collaboration framework, using shared governance and an annual community report card, to change how we do the work towards our shared vision of success in school. We are developing new partnerships, building better working relationships and maintaining communication amongst all partners and stakeholders. This collaboration strives for desired outcomes for all children and families through the alignment of resources, shared accountability and meaningful participation of diverse stakeholders.
Under the direct supervision of a Joint Leadership Team, comprised of public partners from the City of Pasadena, Pasadena Unified School Distric (PUSD) and local agencies, the Director will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating and managing all aspects of Collaborate PASadena, utilizing the principles of Collective Impact.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To provide guidance for this important work, Collaborate PASadena is seeking a dynamic Director who can provide expert guidance to the initiative’s leaders, working group participants and staff to facilitate the collective success of this regional effort, and serve as a navigator for the initiative. This is a demanding position, requiring an individual with significant expertise in project management, outstanding organizational skills and exceptional competencies in the area of communication and collaboration. More specifically, the Director will help the leadership body, known as the Leadership Council, and staff of Collaborate PASadena to develop locally sustainable internal and external functions, including strategy, communications, community engagement, and data functions. This position will be hosted at the Flintridge Center, whose mission is to break the cycle of poverty and violence through community planning, innovation and action. Their vision is of a healthy, safe community where families thrive, youth reach their full potential, and equality and opportunity are accessible to all.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director will advise Leadership Council and staff to be accountable for nurturing the efficiency and effectiveness of both, providing high-level strategic thinking and facilitation of Collaborate PASadena effort. Key responsibilities include:
● Provide guidance to ensure modeling of Collaborate PASadena’s shared vision and guiding values at all times and fostering a culture that reflects them
● Maintain understanding of current implementation challenges of Collaborate PASadena and help Leadership Council develop comprehensive solutions to address them
● Act as a neutral arbiter and help resolve disputes or disagreements in direction among Work Groups, Leadership Council and staff
● Provide guidance for Leadership Council and Working Group Co-Chairs to facilitate meetings, assisting in preparation of meeting materials, etc.
● Facilitate relationships with Leadership Council, Working Group Co-Chairs, and Working Group members
● Cultivate excellent working relationships with senior community leaders involved in this initiative in a way that can inspire collective action without formal authority
This position requires a unique individual who has expertise in the following:
● Achieving results when faced by change, uncertainty or major obstacles
● Creating a Shared Purpose: Inspiring others to contribute to the vision as part of a team
● Being Accountable: Showing real dedication, setting high standards, meeting deadlines
● Integrating Systems: Changing the nature of how organizations work together, utilizing the principles of collective impact
● Working Together: Creating the environment in which others who have very different views can work together constructively
● Connecting with Others: Building trust and understanding with people
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
● Excellent project management and organizational skills
● Strong financial management skills
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
● Understanding of monitoring and evaluation methodologies
● Competency using computer software, especially word and excel applications
● Strong data acumen and ability to oversee complex shared-measurement systems
● Strong facilitation and presentation skills before multiple types of audiences
● Experience with complex project management and stakeholder management
● Existing relationships with, or ability to build relationships with, a cross-sectoral range of stakeholders in the local or regional area, including senior executives
● Experience managing initiatives related to Collective Impact or Population Level Change Models
● Proven experience (5-10 years) with community development and mobilization
● Experience developing project plans and proposals, including co-creation with partners
● Demonstrated success with project delivery with challenging timelines
● Demonstrated success with collaborative program implementation
● Experience identifying and pursuing revenue opportunities
● Experience managing external consultants/subcontractors
● A Masters degree from a recognized university in the area of Social Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration, Early Childhood, Health or Education.
● Equivalent experience, education, demonstrated success implementing collaborative initiatives and projects in a multi-sector multi-funder environment may be considered in lieu of a graduate degree
The Director will report to the Collaborate PASadena Executive Committee and Leadership Council and will maintain close communication with staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Compensation for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
November 1, 2016