JOB TITLE: Executive Director
LOCATION: Pasadena, CA
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
Friends In Deed (FID) is an interfaith collaborative dedicated to meeting the many needs of the most vulnerable residents of greater Pasadena, including homeless and at risk individuals, women and children. Friends In Deed meets the needs of their clients by leveraging dedicated staff and many volunteers. Their programs include The Food Pantry that provides groceries to 2400 individuals each month; the Bad Weather Shelter that provides a hot meal and warm, safe overnight shelter to the homeless; The Women’s Room where homeless and at risk women can enjoy a meal, shower, do laundry, and take classes; Homeless Prevention Program and Norma’s Nook, a clothing distribution center for Return to Work clothing and other clothing needs.
Under the direct authority of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will implement the strategic goals and objectives of Friends In Deed and provide leadership and guidance to the organization’s staff. This role provides direction toward achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy and annual goals.
- Develop quality programs, strategies and methods to meet the needs of the clients and encourage the team vision
- Develop and implement a fundraising development strategy that includes writing grant applications to public and private agencies, cultivating congregational group giving, increasing donations, overseeing maintenance of donor base and coordinating an annual event
- Maintain relations with community agencies, funding sources, media and relevant governmental bodies to ensure necessary cooperation and coordination in the achievement of common goals
- Build and maintain a collaborative network of congregations
- Identify emerging community needs and issues and plan events to address those issues
- Work with the Board of Directors in identifying committees needed to implement the mission of FID
- Assist the Board in recruitment and orientation of Executive Board members, committee chairs, and at large members
- Oversee the annual budget to ensure proper fiscal fund management
- Coordinate a media strategy and opportunities, including media packets, press releases and schedule for communicating the programs, positions and policies of FID
- Management oversight of all full-time and part-time staff, including performance reviews and creation of employee files as well as recruitment and cultivation of volunteers
- Represent FID in the media and community events
- Maintain the confidential nature of all employees and company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- 5-10 years of progressive management experience within a non-profit organization, including budget management, decision-making and reporting
- Strong knowledge of non-profit management fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Knowledge, experience and comfort with our target populations, the community and involvement in congregations
- Strong knowledge of applicable state laws and governmental compliance requirements as related to non-profit organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and team-building skills along with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently; strong networking and relationship building abilities.
- Ability to interact and partner effectively and persuade and influence decision makers.
- Proficient in MS Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience operating in an environment that stresses individual accountability balanced with team-based performance.
Interested candidates please send resume/CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends In Deed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.