ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Los Angeles Arboretum Foundation is the nonprofit partner of the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden, a 127-acre public garden and historic site in Arcadia, CA. Established in 1948, the Arboretum is an invaluable natural and horticultural resource with over 10,000 species of plants. Attracting over 400,000 annual visitors, the Arboretum is home to visual and performing arts, the region’s only fully public botanic library, and historic architecture that includes four landmark buildings. A leader in sustainable gardening education, the Arboretum offers education programs for visitors of all ages, including youth education programming serving 16,000 annually.
If you are a qualified candidate looking to join a vibrant and growing organization, work in an inspiring and beautiful garden setting, and join a team of mission-focused colleagues, the Arboretum may be for you.
The Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for:
• Developing, managing and implementing corporate, government, business, and foundation strategies to meet or exceed budget goals and expand public support of the Arboretum Foundation to achieve the Arboretum’s mission.
• Management of the Foundation’s grant seeking program, including grant research, development of letters of inquiry and proposals, grant reporting, and managing the grant calendar to ensure steady growth over time.
• Developing new and stewarding existing corporate/business relationships for sponsorship support including community engagement to identify new funders/partners, provide engagement opportunities to renew sponsors, and ensure sponsor benefits are received.
• Develop and implement comprehensive, long- and short-term development plans to strengthen financial support and ensure the Arboretum is positioned to implement its mission and goals.
• Develop effective working relationships with foundation staff to develop specific proposals for their consideration and improve opportunity for funding.
• Develop and implement a planned approach to research and identify prospective corporate partnerships and stewards those relationships.
• Develop and track revenue/expense budgets for corporate and foundation giving and provide projections.
• Manage the annual grants calendar and be responsible for the on-time submission of applications and evaluation reports.
• Prepare compelling donor correspondence including letters of intent, proposals, sponsorship collateral, reports, letters and emails.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in donor database.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related discipline and a minimum of three years of experience with successful outcomes in corporate and foundation relations or in increasingly responsible development positions.
• Strong personal computer skills including desktop publishing, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Very effective oral and written communications skills; ability to see the big picture while paying exceptional attention to detail
• Initiative and a strong work ethic, with the ability to prioritize and work independently to meet competing deadlines without reminders
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the demonstrated ability to develop long-term relationships with donors, volunteers, and colleagues
• Ability to think creatively and strategically with strong analytical skills to make sound business decisions
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, 401K plan; vacation; sick leave; personal and holidays.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sylvia.Rosenberger@Arboretum.org. Please include “CORPORATE & FOUNDATION RELATIONS MANAGER POSITION” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and applications will be reviewed upon receipt. No phone calls please. The Los Angeles Arboretum Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about the Arboretum visit www.Arboretum.org.