AFTER SCHOOL GROUP C0-FACILITATOR
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position will be the facilitator for an after-school project at Cleveland Elementary School in Pasadena for children affected by familial incarceration. The purpose of the project is to assist children to make positive decisions, understand and manage their emotions, build positive relationships, communicate, and resolve conflicts, utilizing an evidence-based curriculum.
The facilitator will support curriculum implementation and group process, in cooperation with the Healthy Start Coordinator at the school.
- 8 – 12 hours weekly on a schedule to be arranged at one or more schools.
- $16.83 – $18.26 per hour.
- Facilitator must complete a curriculum and group facilitation training.
- A minimum of 6 units in Early Childhood Education
- A minimum of two years experience working directly with “at-risk” children from diverse populations
- Willingness to learn and implement the curriculum
- Ability to work with a team in a lively environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English. Bicultural/bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus.
- Valid California Driver’s License, reliable automobile, and minimum car insurance as required by law
- All candidates are subject to a criminal history background check, and must meet Friends Outside criteria regarding criminal history
Interested applicants should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends Outside is a 63-year old nonprofit organization which provides services to families affected by incarceration. Friends Outside in Los Angeles County was founded in 1972, and is based in Pasadena.