Nonprofit boards of directors provide the leadership and vision to execute our organizations' missions. JRP offers several board development services:
The Leadership Connection: Have you ever considered serving on a nonprofit board? If so, you are invited to The Leadership Connection (TLC), which prepares participants for board duty and provides substantial individual development. The placement supports the health of local nonprofits and expands the influence of the individual in community affairs. It’s a true win-win. Three 3-hour sessions provide local and dynamic experts presenting each topic and a comprehensive participant guide that includes module content, articles and information about the nonprofit sector as well as links to valuable tools and resources on board leadership. Benefits include:
- Learning critical professional skills that apply both to nonprofit board service and business management.
- Supporting the important work carried out by nonprofit organizations that rely on local leadership.
- Raising your profile and influence in the community.
Ideal candidates will…
- Work well in groups
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Possess leadership experience or potential including vision, strategic thinking, and expertise in field
- Interested in being more involved with the community
- Be willing to serve on a nonprofit board and make an annual donation.
TLC will be offered March 6, 13, and 20, 2018. To apply, send your resume to Melanie Goodyear at MGoodyear@JRPasadena.org. Pending review of your resume, Melanie will schedule an hour-long orientation to explain the program and get to know you and your volunteer interests.
Many thanks to the John Aaroe Group for sponsoring The Leadership Connection!
Effective Board Workshop: Do you serve on a Pasadena-area nonprofit board and wish you had more skills to be more effective and make a bigger impact within the organization? JRP provides this annual three-hour workshop in the fall; 2018 date yet to be determined. Nonprofit boards provide governance, resource development and leadership, but many board members have never been taught the basic expectations of board service. This workshop will give you the orientation you wish you had before you joined a board.
Board Coaches: Through our skilled volunteer program, we provide board coaches that work with boards for 6 - 9 months to clarify roles and responsibilities, establish realistic goals for the board, and develop recruitment and orientation processes. You may either apply for a board coach on our Request a Volunteer page or contact Melanie to get more information.